Thursday, June 19, 2014

Day 8

We all get up at a decent hour, somewhere in the 8am range.  Everyone seems to be in good spirits and after a quick breakfast of eggs, fruit and some toast we hit the beach!




Today at the beach I bring along some kites and lots of energy.

 First we get the kites up in the air and flying!







After we all take turns flying them, I tie them up to the chairs and we start walking along the beach.

We find a recently deceased horseshoe crab. And we "play" with it for a bit.

We let him float back out to sea, but other people quickly see him and want to have their turn to play.



We contiune walking along the beach and collect other shells and stuff we find interesting. Merci(Mom's Dog) loves the beach and has no trouble running and playing in the water.

After a bit we head back to the chairs, easy to spot thanks to the kites, and we do some beach gymnastics.

Tea and I attempt some synchronized wheels.




After a bunch of cartwheels. We try a few handstand/walks. I can only stay up and walk for about 3 seconds. Tea on the other hand is quite flexible and can bend fully backward, and stay up for  a good amount of time. When I even begin to think about the backward bends she does, I can only picture myself laid up in a bed for some time.....



 After that we take a few family pics and then play in the water for a bit longer.












Soon the fun begins to fade, as the hunger begins to grow.  We head back to the house and have some good eats.

After showers, lunch, and a cold one, we relax for a bit.  My Dad and I have a teatime at Seabrook Island Club. It's 50% after 3pm.  So we only have an hour or so to kill.

We arrive and pay our dues and are soon greeted with a cart, 2 bags(had to rent some), and an ice chest full of cold water.

We take a few swings at the practice range and putting green. Then off we go...

Nice course, weather was great, cart was pretty fast. The only thing missing were 2 people who knew how to play golf.

Oh well it goes pretty much as expected, we both shoot almost 80....... For the front nine.

I actually enjoyed driving through the back 9 as much as playing the front. 

One gentleman, as we were driving on the way back to the club house, said I looked like Matt Kuchar 

Maybe a little, but that's about where the similarities end. Even if you combined our skills, you would still have a pretty terrible player...

We get back to the house, and see little smally helping with dinner.





Mom makes us a superb orange chicken with rice. Kayla helps with a salad and some dressing.  I help out by doing a few 12 ounce churls. 

Soon dinner is served. and with in very short time, not much is left. It was as if a whirlwind of nanobots came through and devoured everything.

Later a few take the short walk back to the beach. I was a bit slow, and wind up taking the bike down. Figured I could ride along the small beach.

But no beach.







 So I take decide to take a bike ride around the island. My Dad and I make it a duo.






 




 After we all get back. The little ones get snack, and head for bed.


Soon we are restarting our game of dominoes.  Yhea..

The first round I have to sit out again, as the crazy rules, said I couldn't play the Mexican Train, unless I started my own. This was my 2nd time, and I think 3 times it happen to the boy.  

*Confession* After that round, I took matter into my "own hands", and made sure I got a starter each time. Not that I was going to win, but I wasn't going to sit out again...

Funny thing is Mom kept trying to feed people who didn't have a starter and I was the one who protested the loudest.

Anyway I think  Mel ended up winning. Dad was close..

We finally all hit the hay Wow, so fast, so fun, so slee...y....



No comments: