Sunday, June 15, 2014

Day 6

(I am finishing the blog from about 5 days from past)...

Another almost peaceful sleep. Feel good just back a bit sore.

It's Tuesday, the arrival day.  Today we will be hosting 2 new (semi permanent) guests, and an afternoon of others.

Mi Madre y Padre arrive early morning, and are greeted with young, hungry grandchildren.

Seems they were happy.

Mel and her chiltlens also get up early and take a run along the beach and pinch the sun.



I rest for a bit longer and get up and say hello and take a ride in my sister's bug, up to the workout facility.  The Jacob's Ladder is pretty tough, but cool quick warmup.  It is is very nice facility, lots of very well taken care of good machines, beautiful view, good mix of music and news. For 60 a month, not bad at all. Wish I could take it back with me.

While I am trying to concur the world, they are already back at the house preparing.


I get back, get presentable and update the blog, while people start arriving.






Kirsten also called her friend to come up with a new born. At this point there would have been 17 people in the house, and 50% under 18.....   Had Jim Sr. been able to be there I think he would have been a bit overwhelmed to say the least.  Our prayers are with the Johnson family..


 Jim Jr. cooks us up a Low Country Boil. This was pretty awesome!!




 Start with some potatoes and bring them to boil slowly. Add in some corn.

Then some sausage and finally a WHOLE lot of shrimp..




And BAM lunch is served.



Jimmy later described Stella as the "not so jumpy one" when talking about teaching them how to eat peal shrimp. Molly liked hers with mustard. First he had seen of this...
This was close so good.. I felt bad for all the potatoes that had to die to fill my belly. Oh and the shrimp.


After a bit of visiting, we get the cake ready. And sing Bishop, Happy Birthday #3. 

 







How many people in this picture have or will have cake in their mouth?






After that many of us go to the beach and have some fun. The party clears out, we clean up the house and ourselves and relax for a bit and start some dinner.



We eat a nice meal of spag and salad, with some LCB leftovers.





Mom and Dad stay for a bit and we play a dice game that Mel brougt with her, on the deck.  It is a beautiful 75 with a cool breeze while we play. 

We play this odd game for a bit and even after cheating for the last few rounds Dad still wins. M&D make a quick exit after the complaining and fighting start. I also make quick for bed, and I am out by 10:30.......


ahhhhh.............

No comments: