*Yawn* the mornings seem to come earlier each day, even as I sleep in just a bit later..
As I get up and stretch I am greeted with a pleasant smell of coffee and sausage. I get dressed and head up stairs. Everyone has been awake for a bit and are already talking about what the day will bring.
Ma and Pa have arrived and are already playing with the grand kids.
I chow down a quick sausage link and head to the workout facility. I do my normal routine plus I try a few of the other machines I normally don't get to play with.
While I am sweating up a storm, everyone else heads down to the beach for some shell hunting and splashing around.
| Here is a sample of the bounty they had up to this point. |
After I get back, I eat a bit better, and then head down to see what they are up to at the beach. Right as I am heading down, they are coming back. But plan to head down for a bit longer. I join them again at the beach, but only for a short time. The sun is getting hot and everyone else is getting hungry as well.
Finally we get back and get cleaned up and eat lunch. Right around the same time Kirsten and the army of boys arrive with some Subway for their own lunch. We have some sandwiches, salad and some fruit. Good stuff.
Today we are going to join them at the adjacent island Kiawah for a reptile show. My aunt makes some reservations for us and we take the quick 15 min drive to the show. Both our little ones and a few of Kirsten's take the time for a short re-charge nap.
We get our seats, have some snacks and wait for the show to start.
First he brings out a turtle and talks about how they have changed since the island has been more inhabited. Basically they are getting bigger due to many pounds getting stocked with fish and other tasty treat for these guys.
| Bishop must like the upside down view! |
Then he bring out a much bigger snake, with a few eeks from the audience.
Finally he brings out an alligator and allows everyone who want to the chance to pet him. At the same time gives a good deal of information about them on the island. By their last estimate they guessed approx 250 were on the island right now.
Finally we get back the house. The girls (minus Stells and Molls) head out to go shopping. While Kirsten and I take all 6 of the boys to the pool. I didn't feel like swimming much so I just take some rest on the chairs and watch to make sure they don't kill themselves. They are really well behaved and have a lot of fun splashing around. Jalen(the oldest) does a great job of watching out and taking care of his younger bros. And mother is able to feed the babe without too much worry.
Dad stayed back with my little girls and they watched a movie and relaxed.
Once I get back the movie is just about over, but the shopping clan hasn't arrived yet.
I can tell little goosy is not feeling too well and I take her down and let her snuggle in my bed for a bit to rest up.
Finally at 6pm they get back, and do the other thing women do best besides shopping. Cook!
Kidding, kidding.. Actually we just have pizza.... It was pretty decent, some didn't like it, but I had 2 slices of the buffalo chicken one and some other leftovers, I was full and happy.
We hang around for the rest of the night and play the first half of a round of dominos. With 'crazy' rules. Or more likely rules without crazy house rules, in any event it gets late quick and Mother and Father leave to got sleep at Barbies.
I hit the hay read about 2 pages of my book and bam I am out.........
Just 2 days left.....

No comments:
Post a Comment