Before I know it, it is 8am and breakfast is served. Kayla the master chef in the making, cooks up eggs, sausage patties and cereal with fruit, a good start our first day.
After we eat, we get ready for our first trip to the beach.
It's a bit of trek to the beach about 1/4 mile. And the board walk is very hot sometime. Today it is overcast and lower 80's.
They are really excited to see the beach
Very nice view as you are walking the board walk.
Not a lot of people today. The little ones head straight for the water!
The water was a bit cold today. I mostly stay out and let the other "play"
The waves were pretty decent during this trip.
I watched a bunch of birds diving for fish.I was pretty cool.
Tea shows us a few of her gymnastics tricks. And teaches me how to properly do a cart wheel (sorry no pics)
They dig in and sand looking for stuff.
Their first treasures!
Walking back to the house with a "butt" load of sand
After that we clean up and relax around the house. My sister and the kids have an spur of the moment dance party.
Later have dinner we decide to head down to the pool. It is still cloudy and the water was a bit chilly for the adults. But the kids don't care at all. The little one have the baby pool all to themselves and E and T get the bigger pool, almost exclusively.
At one point Stells and Molls thow the rings in the water and try to jump through them. This makes Kristina pretty nervous. Despite one time where little goose gets her leg half way stuck and her face is submerged for a few seconds ( I was just about to jump in), it causes no grave harm. And they all had a good time.
After the pool closes at 8, we head back to the room. But I make a quick detour and we check out the fleeting sunset.
After we get back (Mel had come looking for us) we all get ready for bed. And then we discuss plans for tomorrow. The idea is to visit Charleston for the day. but between the age disparity and the amount of different ideas being thrown out there. I begin to get a bit stressed, so I relieve my self of the planning and hope for the best (but preparing for reality).
Finally by midnight the rhythmic sound of the ocean puts it spell on everyone and we all glide off to the sandman's realm.








No comments:
Post a Comment