8:30! Uhoh almost missed the breakfast. So we throw on a few things and head down. It is a bit busier this morning, but we are able to get a table and we eat. I eat a light breakfast of just 3 french toast, 2 sausage, 1 banana, some yogurt, and a glass of milk. Then I hit the gym for a light workout. I finally get cleaned up packed and ready to checkout by 11. Again thanks to HoboNickels it only cost me 50 bucks for a 2 night stay in the beautiful Hyatt.
Finally we hit the road.
The first stop is my parents house just 90 minutes a way, in Blythewood SC. Its a beautiful house in a new neighborhood.
We eat a nice lunch of fruit, chips, bbq hamburgers and a few beers. Then we sit around for a bit. I help Dad get his 7 year old laptop cleaned up. And they sing some songs out on the porch.
We overstay our welcome a bit, and don't end up leaving until 2:30. We still have almost 3 hours till we make it to our house on Seabrook, so we say our temporary good byes and we hit the road.
The last leg wasn't too bad but we were greeted with torrential down pours a few times, and traffic moved to crawl. It didn't last too long and soon enough we are moving again.
We get in touch with Mel, who is almost to the house already. I let her know we will get back in contract with her as we get closer. We have 1 pit stop at Cracker Barrel for a quick potty break.
We finally do make to the island and give Mel a call. We have no food at the house, so we look for an alternative. We figure we can make ti to the Bohicket Marina and find something there.
Sometimes know things ahead of time is quite helpful. Once we get there, we are informed we must park a little far away as there is a fishing tournament that is coming in, and people are waiting for the contestants to come in.
We do get a seat at Reds in 30 mins, and sit down for a first seafood meal. It was pretty good, and the atmosphere was booming, Lots of kids were playing around and much partying was begin down. It is an enjoyable meal.
At last we get to see our place. It is very open and nicely furnished house. Lots of room(which will come in handy later) We make claims to our room and get to unpacking.
http://www.coastalgetawaysofsc.com/property-info/2250northbeach.html
Mel, Kris and the older girls head to the Market to get some food for the week. I take care of getting the little ones to bed.
After a bit they are back. we unpack the groceries, and soon thereafter I am getting pretty sleep. I work on the blog for a bit then crash by midnight
Lots to do tomorrow!
1 comment:
Sounds "relaxing" big T
Post a Comment