Saturday, June 22, 2013

Day 9

Ahh nothing like 12 hours of semi-restful sleep to get you ready for your last day of vacation.

We get up around 9ish, and everyone seems to be in good sprits. I decide to make breakfast this morning. After checking our dwindling inventory. I find, 12 suasage links(no surprise), 8 eggs,  a bit of milk, some grapes and blue berries and about 12 hamburger buns.  French Toast it is! The only thing missing is cinnamon, so I book it to the Market Place, about 100 feet away. Nope. But I do find some Krispy Kremes!

The breakfast turns out pretty good. A few of the french toasts had to get tossed, as they were a little more black then most people would find edible.

After we eat, Granps and G-Ma say goodbye and head out. I think they are heading farther south to AL to visit her cousin.

We take a vote and it is a 2-3, for beach vs pool. Kids win. Ted stays back and protects his precious farmville. So the 5 of us  hit the pool.

Its a bit cooler this afternoon, lower 80s, and mostly cloudy. So there is a lot of room at the pool to play around. We do just that, and with my back feeling better I swim around with the boy quite a bit, and toss the girls around.

About an hour later it starts sprinkling and we are making our way to the exit. I guess Molly had 1 toss to many, and after a mouth full of water comes up, so does a bit of the french toast.Ewwww. It wasn't a lot, but it starts spreading quickly in the water. I push as much of it as I can towards the closest filter, and we make our exit. Sorry!

We arrive back to the villa and I think Ted has made a permanent dent in the couch  However he gracioulsy has meatballs piping hot in the crock pot ready to go for lunch.  I toast a few buns, Kristina makes a salad, and lunch is servered!

For the next hour or so, we just chill around.

I feverishly punch out a few pages of the blog.



Later Ted and kids ( E is now included in that bunch) go on one last fishing expedition. We take the girls down to the beach.

As we get down the past the board walk, we notice something. The beach is almost gone!  For most of the time we have been going down just as the tide had started coming in. By this late in the afternoon it is only about 2 hours till high tide, and it is a full moon. The waves were really wavy and the dead sea grass was coming up to a line on the beach. Stella found this really interesting and she starting building  stick layers on the beach. Not long a big wave came and wrecked her creation. I knew she was upset, but we set her up much higher on the beach and she started at it again. Towards the end she was trying to build a dam to protect our beach bag from the ceaseless barrage of water.

Molly on the other hand was more interested in the big waves, and kept wanting to keep follow me in. Since my back was feeling decent at this point I thought it would be fun to body surf a few of the waves.

I did sit down with Molly a few times on my lap on the edge of the waves. It wasn't long before we both were getting pushed away. She likes it though.

Its getting late so we head back up to the villa. The others are back from fishing. No cathes this time, but we got some fish stories. Ted says he had the LARGEST catch on his line, he thinks it could be Moby Dick. He is struggling with it, pulling it, reeling it in, less then 5 feet from the dock and his line broke. :-( Sorry Ted.

They also find this mysterious catch. Can you tell what it is?


I let him and the kids know the waves were really kicking. Austin and Ted aren't inrested, but Brooke and Elijah really want to go and try them out. It is about 6:00, so I take them back down for a while, and this time we bring the boggy boards. Ted gets pizza for us while we are away.

The waves were pretty fun, I'd say 3-4 feet at some points.  Only once did it tweak my back a bit, but just a small twinge.

We head back around 7:30 and the pizza is hot and ready from Pizza Hut. We eat and start packing our sutff.

Around 9:00 Brooke really really wants to go shopping. They do finally find a shop open till 10pm, and they jet off to grab some last minute souvenirs. 

We finish packing and they get back and show us their bounty!

They all leave to hit the beach one more time. The sea turtles could be hatching tonight and with the full moon they may get a chance to witness something once in a life time. Sadly the only thing that was seen was Elijah's acting job of pretending they saw them. He had me going for about 10 seconds..

Well its about 11 now and we have a busy day of driving tomorrow.  There are  few stops planned along the way.
Good Bye Hilton Head, Good Bye Beach, Good Bye Ocean!




No comments: