Happy Father's Day!
Its a new day and a new adventure begins. There is no real hurry today, as we are less then 3 hours from our hotel and can't check in until 3pm. We thought about hitting the EDventure Children's Museum in Columbia, or The Costal Discovery Museum at Hilton Head. But first things first, we have to get up and eat.Back is a bit sore this morning again, but a bit better then the morning before. We eat at the hotel resteraunt again, its too convient to pass up, and we got a free meal with our hotel stay. Plus the food is good. especially the pancakes. Crispy edges moist inside. .. Mmmm Mmmm Yummy!
We get a bit of a late start on the road, and by 10:15 we are all gassed up and on the highway. The train is now 3 cars long with us in the lead. The traffic is a bit crazy, but not terrible. Honestly, all joking aside, Kristina has done a great job driving us. It has been a fairly smooth drive, and we have arrived everywhere on schedule and safe and sound.
I give her 1 gold star!
Before I know its about 1:30, and we are on the island. Its well past lunch time, so we stop just a few minutes from our hotel, at Outback. After a quick stretch and lunch. We head right to the main lobby to check-in. Only 1 hour ahead of time, but it doesn't seem to be a problem. We get our keys and parking pass. Then proceed to unload. I am still under house arrest so I can't help unload. I get the "easy" job of taking the girls up to the room and waiting.
We get all of our stuff unpacked and put away. The villa is pretty spacious, even for 10 of us. My wife and I share the master bedroom with the 2 girls. Molly will sleep with us in the King bed, and we have a air mattress for Stella. Elijah and one of his cusions will share the pull out couch. The last 4 get to fight it out for the remaining 2 beds.
Once we are all settled in, we need to get some grub. Quick check of nearby pizza joints, points us to Gator Pizza, just a 1/2 mile away. Austin and Ted grab the pizza, wings, subs and salads. I make sure the beers are buckled up for saftey!
After dinner and cleanup. 3 of them hit the store for groceries. While I stay behind and put the girlys to bed.
The rest of the night we just relax, watch the NBA finals. (Ya Spurs!) and hit the hay.


No comments:
Post a Comment