Kris is able to get the kids up and dressed, stuff packed back up, and get them downstairs for the breakfast bar. All the while I am struggling to get myself ready, shaved and showered. It is more difficult then you can imagine to get your socks on without bending your back.
By the time I manage to make my way to eat, they are just about done. Good spread, and the self making pancake machine made me feel a bit better.
After a few, we(Austin and Kristina) have the car packed up and we are on our way. Its about 2 1/2 hours till we get to the Zoo in Columbia SC. The car train was 2 long at this point, and I think my wife was more worried about Austin behind us then the road in front. But after 1 missed exit, 1 car almost run off the road, and 2 pills later we are there!
No Elijah wasn't embarrassed to be part of the fam(although). He was watching a video on the tablet, and needed darkness.
My back is feeling better at this point, so we make our trek into the Columbia Zoo. The Tracy's help out quite a bit, keeping the girls in line.
King of the Jungle, meh, I am king of the world!
Peek-a-boo Guess who?!
Hows the back Matt? Hows the back Matt?.........
E's impression of a penguin.
Quiet they found us!
What's so scary about dinosaurs. I want to keep him.
See the baby?
Nothing screams photo op like "Kenya's Cafe".
Whhhhyyyyy helllllllooooooo theerrrrreee litttttttlllllllleeeeee girllllllllll.
Choo Choo, all aboard..
Surprisingly I was able to get in this micro car.
Bringing up the caboose: Brooke, Austin and Big E.
No molly pull this one.
Who could've guessed pulling fake udders would be so much fun.
Forget the hay, let me see that finger.
It was pretty hot, towards the end.
These things are very funny. I want one for home.
So we finish up at the zoo around 3ish and make our way to the Hilton Garden Center. Ma and Pops also meet us there.
We decided to eat dinner at the hotel, as it was close, and I was a bit worn out and achy. It was damn good. I will say that although the price is steep for staying at The Hilton. It was well worth it. Everything is top notch.
After dinner, we chill around the room for a bit. Then eventually get the girls off to bed, and few of us go down to the pool.
The hot tub felt wonderful!! It really loosed up my back mussels, and let me sleep like a baby. Even with a baby kicking me!
Tomorrow Hilton Head!
No comments:
Post a Comment