Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Day 6

"Wake up time Daddy, wake up time".  You just can't be upset with something so cute, even so early in the morning.

Today we start our day with sausage ( not from Ted ), cereal, and some fresh fruit. We eat our breakfast, while trying to rial up the other folks.

Quick check of the weather radar, looks like storms are closing in. So after the quick breakfast, we do our normal morning routine of putting on our swimsuits and our sunscreen.

Today we decide to try out the main pool instead of hitting the beach. It's just the 5 of us today, as the others were quite slow to get up.

I blow up 3 rings, 2 water wings, and 1 ball.  The wings and rings really help the girls out.  I am one to teach by failures, so I let them get a few faces full of water.   But it works out. By the end they are holding their breath and jumping in.  I give Elijah a few pointers as he is working on learning to swim by himself. He is close to being able to tread water that is over his head.  But he is still a little tepid.

Before we know it the pool is pretty crowded and it is lunch time. Elijah was supposed to do an Iron Chef with Austin, but it was cancelled due to lack of participation.  We find them playing shuffle board, on the way back to the Villa.


There is a magician, and I use that term very lightly, in the main activity pavilion. We sit down and watch the show.



 Whoooo.. Those were really bad tricks!

But it amuses the kids for a bit.   Ted and the kids are heading to the beach and Elijah tags along with them.

The 4 of us eat at the pool side grill "All Y'Alls".Sure enough as soon as we sit down for lunch, the thunder starts rumbling.  We are safe under the patio, and watch as the pool quickly clears out.





As we are eating we see Ted coming back from the beach. I am not sure they even got in the water.


We eat and then head back to get cleaned up.

At this point it is raining pretty hard, so we talk about plans. Ted wants to go fishing, and we told the girls we would take them to a play center.

It starts letting up at one point, so we make our escape.  We arrive at "The Sandbox" in short time, pay our dues, and let the crazies loose.

This place was pretty nice, great for a rainy afternoon, lots for the kids to do. From crafts, to puppets, to dress up and puzzles.


 Stella always finds the little baby. I think she missed her "Loyd"




 Little Mermaid 1
Little Mermaid 2
Little Mermaid 3!
 She actually made it to the top!


 Arrrggg avast ye land lubers...

 Stella the pirate, princess, firefighter. 


It's 4:00 and we have been here for about 2 1/2 hours. And I am having trouble convincing them to leave, so I bribe them with Ice Cream, and they start Ice Screaming, and before I know it I have about 2 other kids following me!

We find a shop just down the road, and we get our sweet treat.

Stella gets strawberry, and Molly gets "Cookie Monster", as you can see why..


Even after a wipe down, she still had a blue tint. They should've called it permanent. Smruf. It was pretty good though.



We get back and Grandma lets us know the others had left to go fishing.  They get back right at dinner time, they got chased away by lighting. But did end up catching 1 baby shark, which they let back go.



Dinner is served from Grandma. She makes her famous Fettuccine with Shrimp. And some Texas Toast and Fruit on the side. It was great!

After dinner and bedtime, Kristina and I take off for a date night.  Its really raining hard now and the air conditioner in the villa is on the fritz, it keeps going in and out.  So I am glad to get out.

Kristina is such a block head, not by any fault of her own. We didn't have an umbrella, so she used a box. She remind me of Mine Craft guy.



We are going to http://hiltonheadcomedymagic.com/ just a few minutes from the villa.  The star is Kerry Pollock.
 He is pretty funny and has a few decent magic tricks as well. He did pick on the front row a lot, got me a few times. Mostly he was ribbing the guy next to us, "Sparky" as he called him from Tennessee. Over all it was a fun night.

After we get back the air is fixed and cranking! I think they over compensated just a bit.

Well it is after midnight, so time to hit the sack.


No comments: