Friday, June 22, 2012

Myrtle Beach Day 1

Hi everyone, first off sorry this is so late this year, but a lot has changed, as you are about to see!

I'll try to do this similar to last year, but I'll be lookin back on it from a week or so in the past.


Day 1:

Mostly everything from loading up the car to feeding the kids went pretty smoothly. We were slightly behind our EDT, but not by much.

First stop is the clay center in WV for lunch.

The drive down at this point was pretty smooth, the kids talked, sang, yelled a little, had snack time, and finally we are there.

So this place is pretty cool, they got a lot of different stuff to look at, and it is never super crowded like COSI.

We first go and get a seat in the cafe and have lunch. Kristina has made us all sandwiches,  which were good and some fruit.. Just had to stand in a quick line to get some milk, they also had cookies. I regretted not getting one then as when I tried to go back, a new family came, who didn't have a packed lunch..

So we move on to the first little room they have, just a bunch of semi-related exhibits.

Mostly Kristina and I just chase the crazies around and Elijah does a few things.

I can do it..

Made it!

And for my next trick.



 Reach for the sky! I caught you red-handed.

Stop Frame Animation the boy and I made.

"It was the monster molly mash!

What's this red button do!?

OMG you are soo funny eiiiiahh..

We then took a quick strole outside in the little garden in the city.

Mostly tyring to not let anyone trample anything




Then the girls went to in the little kids room. Elijah is not allowed to play there anymore and was not happy. But he and I went to the health section and played with Hollywood squares game.

Jump Jump Jump, puke!  Good job Molly next..

Wobbly bridge no problem.


Peak-a-boo.

Water and sand, can never had enough water exhibits.

We joined back up at the game and Kris and Elijah played each other.  While the girls ran around.





Next we go to the room dedicated to teeth. 


I'm off to work

When I'm this big.

I volunteered to be the patient.

"Thanks doc, that pain killer, is reapby work'n"

Ok lets read a book.


Nope too boring, lets jump out of daddy's arm.

Tiny voice in her head, 'Time for your checkup"

I've been here for 30 whole seconds, huh what's that!

"I wish I had all my tooths!


Then semi-quick potty/diaper change and we are back on the road again.. Right on time!.

The girls got sleepy and took a 45 min nap or so. Elijah played his game boy, so it was mostly nice and quite going thru the mountains.

Molly getting sleepy..





Kids in the car.  Heading towards Whytheville.

Finally we hit our resting point. The Country Inn in Wytheville.. Overall it was a pretty nice hotel. Big rooms, nice indoor pool, breakfast bar was excellent, clean.

We arrived around 4:30, and unloaded all our stuff. We also meet Mom and Dad, who got the adjoining room, and found a coupon to make the stay only $79. I originally booked it or 109.. So that was nice.

After we unload, we head back out or for quick jaunt to across town for dinner. We are going to try out The Log House 1776.  Dorothy had scoped the place out and told us it wasn't too bad but could be a long dinner. We try it anyway, not many people eat dinner at 5pm.

Overall I liked this place. and I think my mom and dad would too. The food was ok, not great, but it was cooked perhaps like it would've been back in the day. 100% Natural and no artificial stuff.

There weren't many people there, so I took a quick walk around. Pretty big, and lots of cool nooks. IMO very authentic.  They also have a nice outdoor garden, with some rabbits and pigeons. That keeps the kids busy for a bit. We also check out the gift shop. Again some cool old antiques and neat nick-knacks, but nothing we really want.

So back to car and head to the hotel. Molly did NOT want to get back in the car seat, and screamed for a bit. Luckily it is a quick drive and we get back to the rooms and it being only 7pm, we decided to go for  quick swim.

Ted Austin and Brook show up around 7:30ish and meet us in the pool. Ted's kids join us and we all splash around and use up whatever energy we have left..  Finally we all head back to the room, Ted and the kids leave and head to his hotel.  

We unwind in the room for a bit. I put in a Doc McStuffins and it instantly quiets the room down.


It has magical properties. Instant silence.

We get ready for sleep.  First arrangement. Elijah and Stella in one bed, the wife and I in the other, and Molly in the crib.... That lasted about 10 mins, as Elijah and Stella kept, giggling, kicking, talking.. Finally we settled on the boy and me, Kris and smells and little molls by herself.

It worked!  Sleep.............................












No comments: