Sunday, June 24, 2012

Day 7

Only a few days left, and so far we have all got to do something that we've had in mind.  The kids got a trip to Ripley's and the Tree house. Dorothy and Jim got the Big M Casino. Krissy and I got the night out.  Today it is Ted's Turn.

He wants to go deep see fishing. He has made reservations with Fish Hook Charters. They are set to depart at 1pm and return sometime around 6ish. It is going to be Him and the kids and Pops and Elijah and Kris. I was going to go but I figured Kristina might want to have some time to spend with her dad and brother.

But before we get to that, we have to get up and eat!

Today I make cheesy scrambled eggs with you guessed it sausage! Some toast too for those who want it.

After the quick breakfast we figured we should have a bit of time so we have a beach crew and a pool crew. We hit the pool with the girls, this time bringing inflatable toys with us. This works out and they girls have fun floating around. Molly gets board of the water after a while and starts chasing birds around. "Birdy Birdy come hereeeee..." She started getting mad when they wouldn't let her catch them, and does one of her patented high pitched screams.

Soon afterwards I deflate a few of the toys and bring her back to the hotel.

Kristina and Stella stay a the pool a little while longer. Stella was very concerned  because there are a few millipedes in the water and she was afraid they would get hurt. She scoops them out and puts them in the dirt.

The beach crew did the same thing they usually do, got the boggy boards out and tried to catch some waves. I know Elijah was having a lot of fun with his cousins.

Around 11, everyone is back. Mom has set out all the leftovers from the past few days and we all scarf down some food, and get cleaned up.

The fishing crew is getting all their stuff packed up. They leave and I don't seem them again until well past 7.

I have the girls for the rest of the day. Grandma helps out too.   They get their nap and the I take them over to the Kids Activity room. We read some books, play with the toys. they love pulling stuff in wagons and carts. Play on the little slide, and finally we come back.

Dorothy also headed down and got some sun, we meet back up and relax for bit.

Grandma brought some bubbles, super bubbles that don't pop very easy, and I blow them around the balcony for a while. The girls like it.


Just before dinner  rainbow appears! Pretty cool one too. Almost could see the full arc.




For dinner we just have some leftovers. A nice spread still, and we still have way too much stuff left.

After dinner I put on some instant quiet. Then at snack time the fishing crew returns! With a bountiful collection.

We put the kids to bed and they get showers.. (Cept for *cough* brook *cough*)

Here is  how their trip went.

It was a 30-45 min drive to the dock. They boarded the boat and took off:


After they get far enough away where you can't see much of anything except water. They begin by  fishing for lures.

Elijah is the first to catch anything.




Everyone else continues to catch a bunch of smaller fish until they have enough.




Then they move to deeper waters.


And start catching sharks!



Pops was the first person to catch one!




Followed by Krissy!


Then Ted...




Eventually everyone gets in on the action.

Finally it is time to head back.




Some rest



Some sight see.





Very good catch overall.


The captain cleans the fish, and sends them on their way.

They get back just before eight, and show us the catch.  The first person in the door is Pops, who quickly quips, "I can't wait to tell Stazak that Mama Bear(Krissy) was all over me!" I laughed.

Soon Ted begins to bake, fry, and  beer batter the fish and shark. I am not a huge fish fan and I was still full from dinner. But I have to say the shark was really good!
  
After a while I need to get some fresh air. I think our entire floor smelled like fish  I leave for a bit and take a stroll along the beach. It is almost perfect 75, no wind, low humidity.  I come back and convince the rest to come along. Ted had said something about wanting to go night crabbing. But I think it was just an excuse to come down and said good-bye. We get our flash lights and take a nice night-time walk along the beach.   Doing our best to forge our memories for the week and reminisce old ones.

We stay out there for 45 mins and everyone goes back.  We (The wife and I) head to our regular spot.  We have just a few drinks this time, and soon head back.

We get back and try to keep the little ones from waking up.

 Day 8 fast approaching!




No comments: