Monday, June 25, 2012

Day 9

Parting is such sweet sorrow, err, well actually a good part of me was kinda happy. Not that we were leaving the beach, or family or the fun, but that I would soon get to sleep in my own bed with only MY WIFE!  And that I would be back to my caged in yard... fenced.. fenced in yard.

Get up, get ready, have some sausage.. Naw actually we all just had some cereal and whatever else was open.  No pig product was had. We did end up leaving a good bit of food, but it was things that wouldn't have stayed very well. and the cooler that Ted had was full of his big catch.

Mostly between the bumping and dodging everyone moving about, the morning goes pretty smooth and after good-bye hugs, and a few tears, we are off.

From the moment we hit the road I knew this was going to be a long return trip. The kids were mostly out of control. Between Molly dropping everything and screaming about it, and Stella just getting mad cause Molly was crying and the boy asking to play DS or watch something every 5 mins, I was beginning to lose it. My mom called and talked with Krissy about 30mins into the trip, so she can also speak to this.  It did get better after a while and I thought that may have been just the sadness of leaving coming out. But later on I found out..

Anyway our first stop is for lunch and play time at the Greensboro Childrens Musem.  This was a nice stop and everyone seems to have fun.

First we eat our lunch, they dont' really have much a lunch room, but they have some picnic tables outside that we use and eat. Just sandwiches and veggies that mommy made before. It is difficult to get them to sit down and eat as they just wanted to run around and play on the tractor.

We get inside and I try to wear them out.

First thing we see is big play grocery store. Everyone seemed to have fun with this one.
"Is this organic?"

Molly ran into just about everyone and everything

Milk - check, eggs -check, little sister - *sigh* check


After that room we move into the big area. It has a bunch of interconnected rooms with different themes.


The toddlers play in the big toddler room 


While Elijah and I play a game of checkers.

Hi Grandma, I am going to mail my self to you.

Roger 509 you are not cleared for takeoff, you are missing just about everything. Over

yes he is dressed like a big grasshopper, and yes that is very tall grass, no it isn't my yard.


Hi Papa



Hi Johnny

Vrroooommmm

She looks old enough to me

Elijah trying out a different method than was used by the Duke Boys.

Get out of the road you crazy girl.

Ok that is better.

All aboard!

Oh there you are..

They have a pretty cool garden area with chicks and bunnies.

Feedin the rabbit some crab grass.



"My can do it"

Stella Cheesen

Molly wasn't sad here, she is making a bunny face.



say TPPPPPPP....

Watering the plants.

Well it is getting later and the sun is pretty hot, so we take off and get back in the car. That proved a somewhat more difficult as no one wanted to leave.  But fits and all they are strapped in. We have to make sure to get Crabby and Mr. Pinchy, Elijah's new hermit crab pets he picked up from shopping with mom and cousins, out from under the car.We left them under there too keep cooler.

Our next stop was Pilot Mountain. I booked a hotel there The Quality Inn and Suites. Don't let the name fool you. It's not the cleanest place I have stayed. But just bout everything in the 50 mile vicinity was booked up. About what you get with 24 hour notice.

It was fairly calm on the way. I did wear them out a little bit, but at what cost.

Soon we arrive and I check us in. Get the key and begin unloading. After about the 2nd load, I can tell Kristina is not happy, between the stains, probably coffee, on the chair, and the general look of the bathroom, she is beginning to freak out. She is not the biggest germ-a-phoebe ever, and the shower only looks slightly cleaner then ours, but I think it is fine. I figure we have to stay. I already unloaded the car, paid cash, and one of the headlights was out. So we are stayin!

We load the kids back in the car and I plot our next course to dinner. I picked out some nice family owned restaurant. that seemed kid friendly.

We get there, and get a seat pretty quickly.  So far so good.  Then it goes down hill quick. Between having to escort Molly out of the building twice, for standing up in her high chair, and screaming NOOOO at 100 decibels, and the boy crying cause I yelled at him for blowing bubbles in milk, it was fairly embarrassing.

I will say the food was good, and the service was decent, but I didn't enjoy it much.  I did leave a nice tip though.

Back in the car and try to figure out what do. I am pretty fed up, so I stop by autozone to get the headlight, and if need be some ear plugs. I'm prepared to drive 8 hours straight through hell or high water.

I do get the light, but I don't have the tools to change it. and I am tired.  So we look around for something to do. The only thing I could find was the "yucky' slide at McCrapald's.

So we go there and get some ice scream too. It was about a 2 out of 10 on my fun factor, but it did waste enough time.

Finally we head back to the hotel, work on getting the pack and play setup. Which was a story by itself. We actually had to search the internet to find the secret to getting the dang thing setup.   They were supposed to have a crib for us, but they were all out. Even though we checked in pretty early and there was only about 5 cars in the lot? I did say this place stank right?

Get dressed in PJs, watch a little doc mcinstant quiet, try not to touch anything, and get some sleep...
They did have free wifi, so E was happy that he could trade Pokemons.


Day 10 tomorrow..




No comments: