Sunday, June 24, 2012

Day 8

These next few post will be a bit more brief then the previous ones, due to not many pics(I have none for 8) and the work week is starting up, but here goes.

Well day 8 starts like most others, up and at'em and roaring to go.. We eat breakfast, this time Teddy takes back over and we are back to the egg wraps with the ground sausage. I actually think I went through  pork withdraw after this week. But I really do like these things.

After we eat we get ready to play. The morning is pretty much perfect and we decide to hit the beach while it is still cooler.

This time I was slightly smarter then the previous days, as I dressed the girls directly in their swimming suits. Only had to do sunscreen once we are ready to go.

We hit the beach with 3 kids and 1 bag in hand. Teddy et all is to meet us down there in just a few mins.

We play in the ocean for a short while, but I can tell both girls are not as excited to do that as the other days, plus we have Elijah. So I grab some of the shovels and pails from the bag and I set to work digging the beach.

This proves to be a great activity and all join in, without too much squabbling. As we are digging we are collecting all the cool looking sea shells in a bucket to take back with us.

Soon Uncle Ted arrives to rescue Elijah and play on the boggy boards with him.

Krissy takes Molly, while Stella and I keep digging. We dug out a pretty good size hole, only about 20" deep but 5' diameter  And Smells really likes it because it was a low point on the beach and water collected in it. By the time we were done we had a nice wadding pool, and filled up our entire bucket with shells. 

I think there are still plans to make a Mosaic or something with these, but that may not happen till next vacation.

High tide was coming in, and was starting to overtake us, plus Molly ended up falling asleep in Krissy arms, So after 2 hours in the sun I call it quits and decide to head back to the villa.

I tell the boy to come along and I hear nothing but complaints the entire way back, and how I am making vacation no fun. But hey that is what dad's do best, right?

Actually after we start the train, the others quickly jump on and soon we have all of our stuff and are heading back

We get all cleaned up, hopefully for the last time, and begin eating lunch. Ted has put meatballs in the crock pot before we left and they are nice and hot, and smell fantastic. Finally the fish stench is all gone!. I am famished and scarf down a bunch of subs, they were pretty good.

Finally everyone gets done, with getting washed up (2 hour shower girl almost missed out on lunch) and eating.

At this point it has been decided that they all want to go shopping. At first I am ok with it, but then I start to realize we have a ton of stuff to accomplish before we leave tomorrow, and I have to watch the girls again for an indeterminate amount of time. That begins to put me in a bit of a sour mood and I think it rubs off. Sorry..

Anyway a bunch go including Elijah and his Mother, while I stay back with the kids and start packing. I let the girls fill their heads with a bunch of Doc and Einsteins, while I pack up.

I make short work of it, I did most everyone's cept my wife's. I put the girls down and start to plan our return trip home. I hadn't made any hotel reservation at this point yet.

Soon Krissy is back, earlier then the others. She helps finishing packing and getting the girls ready for dinner.  My mood is slowly improving.

It is getting close to dinner, so we head to the car. For dinner we are going to the Giant Crab.


This isn't our line, we had no line.

This place is pretty cool, HUGE buffet. Like 170+ things to try. But not cheap. Mom and Brook had gotten there earlier and we got right to our table once we arrived.

We fill our faces with an assortment to sea food and other stuff. I got my souvenir glass which I am actually using right now as I write this blog.
Its like using a mirror to look into a mirror.

Upon finishing you have to exit through the gift shop to leave the restaurant. We don't get anything here, but Krissy had a nice time trying to get the babes through. They also have your pictures to pick up, if you got one. I didn't but Ted did.

You get a free picture, 1" x 2", if you so desire,  but they also have a higher quality framed pic for $10 bucks. Ted wouldn't buy his, so I did for him. I thought it was a pretty good picture.


  I got the mini pic for my troubles.


After we all get back everyone continues to scramble like a bunch of ants at a picnic to pack their stuff up and load it into the car. Tempers are a bit short, again I think this was my fault, from before. Although I was much more calm by now, the "Hurricane" at the Giant Crab helped.

Austin gives me a hand, this time being sure to keep the dolly in arms reach and not let it run away again.  I pack up the car and use my high tech security system, of a sheet on top of our luggage. I dare you to crack that..

Finally we get the girls to bed and we relax and talk for a bit. The NBA Finals game 2 is on, and we watch some of it before people start going to bed and falling asleep. Krissy and I leave for our last late night walk about and drinks.  We go back to our usual spot and this time I get the bbq chicken quesadilla, and they were soooooo good. I am sad I didn't try them earlier. I could eat some right now!

Checkout day is fast approaching, and we both know this, so we don't stay too long and sneak back into our room for the last time.


Stay tuned for Day 9 and 10 ( more pics on Day 9)




No comments: