Friday, July 4, 2008

Day 8

Happy 4th of July!

Well the last full day on the island has arrived.

Everyone sleeps in, even elijah till 8:30, which is super late for him.

Our plans are in great flux today.
Kristina want to get some matching shirts to take a beach picture together(Hmm who does this sound like?). So we head off to Freshfields market. Right when we pull out of Pelican Watch there are people sitting on lawn chairs. We inquire why, they say there is a parade coming shortly.

We decide to stay and watch. It is a quick parade, just home owners who decorated their cars for the 4th and they drive around the island. Here are few pics, sorry only had my cell phone with me.



One of them throws Elijah a piece of candy, so he is happy.

It is about 10:30 now and ealier I had made tee time to golf at 11:20. So kristina drops me off and they head out. I get ready for the 9holes. Ride my bike there. Rent some clubs and I am off.

It is a amazing course. Shame I only played 9holes. You don't replace divots here, you pour this green sand in them. Which I assume is part seed, and fertilizer.

I didn't have the camera so I don't have any pics. But you can take a look at the course HERE. I played the front 9 of Ocean Breezes. Biggest complaint it was HOT! But on a few of the holes, if there are not many houses or trees, you get a nice breeze off the ocean. Very nice course though.
Here is how I played. Yes I suck, but I didn't double par every hole so I think I did good!


I finished up about 1, and K and E are on their way back home, with lunch for me! I get a amazingly good Italian Panini..

Kirsten has called and she wanted to goto the beach. She is probably there now. We might try to meet her soon, although Kristina wants to goto the pool, as they are doing face painting and other children's activities. Later we are going to Barbies for dinner, and then come back to the island for fireworks.

Its about 2pm now, the fam heads to the pool. They have a nice celebration going on.

Elijah finds a water slide.


And a face(hand) painter.


There is also a guy on huge stilts juggling and doing other various tricks. Apparently at one point he was on a 10 foot unicycle with his stilts making him close to 20 feet high! I didn't get to see this and kris only caught a glimps of it from across the pool.

Elijah and Smooty get some tye-dyed shirts.


I jump in the pool for a quick cool off, it is like 93, and the sun is killer.


We ride our bikes to the part of the beach where Kirsten is. I can't take anymore sun for the day so I ride back to the villa and let kris and E play with Kirsten and the kids..


They play there for a while and i get a shower and pack up for the fireworks.

I then try to be helpful and drive back to the point at the island where they are. It is about at 15min bike ride from there back to the villa. So I get there and try to pack the bike into the car. In the process I get all sweaty again, can't get it to fit in the car. Then I can't get the pull behind hooked back up, and the bike won't peddle correctly now. AYE AYE AYE.. Poor Kris rides/walks the bike back the villa (I offered to do it, but she was too mad to even listen), and I take E back to get his bath. ( I did get that right :-) ).

We eventually make it Aunt B's house..

The girls and kids do a puzzle.


Barbra finishes dinner. 2 delicous casorals, fruit salad, beens and hotdogs...



While Jim and I talk.

Here is barbie on here 2nd helping. (no one told her about this blog right?)


After dinner the kids play a bit.
We leave there about 8ish and head back to the island.

We try to squeeze in a few beach pics before it gets too dark, we get in a few, we will try again tomorrow. I think(fear).


We finally get to our spot for fireworks, it isn't too crowded.

And we sit back and enjoy the show..


Ok those weren't really the ones we saw What gave it away?.. We were a bit too far to get them on picutures. But it was fun non-the-less.

Finally get back to the villa, and get the stinker to bed, and start packing up.. Check out time is 10am :-(

We will make a few stops along the way home, never know what we might find.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

matt-oh, chris and i were LOAO over your fake fireworks. oh, and the comment about barbie's 2nd helping too. LOVE the pictures and the commentary. really really loved seeing your vacation day to day (and bonus!!! got to see barbie, jim, kirsten, jalen and eli too!!!). xoxoxoxoxo -susie :-)

Matt said...

well I am glad you enjoyed it. Prob not as much as I did though.