I tried to get a few more winks of shut eye, as it was hard to sleep last night, but after going from bed to couch to bed again. I gave up. So we decided to go Freshfields to get some drugs and food. We make our way to the pharmacy which is also a little parlor.
I got my fix

And a home cooked egg and bacon sandwich, which I hear was pretty good. I don't know I couldn't taste it much.
Kris always wants to pick up a few grocery's so we goto the store next door. Elijah gets his own cart and has fun helping picking up food.



Get back home and the wife and kid want to do stuff. I have no energy, so they go off to the beach and I get some RnR.
They get back, they had found a live sand dollar and hermit crab. They couldn't bring them home b/c they didn't have a bucket to put them in, and they didn't want to kill them just to bring them home. So they throw them back int the ocean.
My lovely wife makes us lunch and we make plans.
This little guy decided to have lunch with us..
Our original plans were to rent a boat and take it out to see the local sites and maybe do a little fishing. Although Barbie called and said this was a bad idea(I think she worries more them my mom) (J/K barbie I love ya), I want to do it anyway. Hey how often do I get the chance to be Captain Matt. But I am not feeling anywhere close to being in a boat for 2hrs. Especially b/c my head cold has moved a little more south..
Anyway. We decided to rent bikes. Kris calls around and finally get a place that is not sold out. They said they will deliver the bikes in about 1 hr..
2hrs later we have them! So we go out for a bike ride. I always enjoy looking at the houses, here on the island, they are so beautiful. Here are a few of my favorites.
We find a nature trail, board walk, so we decide to see what that leads too.
We eventually find a beach with people!
We stay and play there for just a bit then head back to the villa. I get a bit more rest and a shower, then we head out for dinner.
Kristina wants some good sea food, so we try Heges(sp?). It is pretty decent, but it is one of the la-de-da restaurant's that lets your smell the cork after they open and pour your bottle of wine for you. The food is good, but a bit too pricey. I have had better, for the same price. But still the best meal we have had yet.
We eat and I want to get desert but Elijah is getting restless so we leave.
Kris goes shopping around the plaza and I watch the stink face. She get done and find the center plaza of Freshfields. There are a bunch of kids running around and playing so we let the little one play for a bit.
Well we get back to the villa around 8ish, and get the babe cleaned up and ready for bed.
I'm going to watch a bit of TV then try to get some rest.
Big plans tomorrow is to go sunset dolphin watching, in a boat... Only a few days left :-(
4 comments:
matt, i can't believe they let you in that fancy pants restaurant.... :)
Hi Matt, Kris and Big "E"!!
First of all I hope you are feeling better Matt!! Its not fair to get sick on vacation, but you do have a history of this....remember Minnesota...and you puking all over the van 5 minutes from Grandma Gorshe's house? The pics are wonderful and I have so enjoyed the story lines going with them. Keep them coming!!
Mom
So cute!! Great job Matt! Been hearing about this blog, but thought I was not on the list, then Teddy told me to check my junk mail - and there it was! Hope you feel better. Kris & Elijah look like they're having a great time!
Krissy,
FYI,
The crab doesn't have to stay in the water. You can actually bring them into the villa and let them run around inside. They like the air conditioning! Hopefully you were thoughtfull enough to let the lizard in for the night!
Post a Comment