Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Day 5

Well another day has come. We are going to head back to Charleston, and we are going to stop by the Children's museum.

We finally hit the road about 11am. I am getting yelled at for not getting ready. (I was d/ling pics and posting them to the blog)

We make it to the Children's museum around 12:15. I try to pull a fast one and see if my Cosi membership will get us a discount. No dice.... In any event it is a nice place for the kids. I also liked the Castle.






Its about 2:30 now and we haven't had lunch yet. Find a nice place right down the street called the Charleston Tea Company. They have a nice grilled ham sandwhich and Elijah gets his PB and J.

We drive around for a bit looking for something else do to. We remember the I-Max that we went to last time. We find it, but what do you know, it is closed down. :-(.

We think about what we want to do. Our main goal was to stay in Charleston until 6ish so we can have dinner at the Boat House(where Kirsten works). Unfortunally our next idea, proves to be a bust as well. We try to go to the Flea Market right in the heart of downtown on Market Street. We can't find any parking and then finally decide it is hardly worth it to find a spot only to have to yell at Elijah 5000 times not to touch this and stay here and be carefull. So we get back on the highway and head back to the villa.

Get back to the villa around 4ish and decide to goto the beach.

It is very crowded today ;-)

Elijah plays in the water for a bit.
I decide to fly a kite.
Kites pretty much fly themselves at the beach..

Kris and E attempt to build sand animals and castles. Not as easy as it seems.

They collect some sea shells.

Well it is past 7 and we need sustance. We don't feel like getting dressed up to go anywhere, so we go back to the Pelican's Nest. (They don't care what you are wearing). They have a live performer there today.

Not too bad. Elijah really likes it!(Sound is all screwy and stops at 16sec, you can see more if you pull the slider over to 17secs)



The old couple you see behind elijah in this photo, were really hamming it up for him.



Well we eat dinner then head back to the villa.

Kris puts Elijah to bed and we watch some Supernatural and I love lucy, on my Creative Zen.

I am starting to get sick :-(

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys are having a blast! That picture with Elijah dresed like a king is precious!

Matt, I hope the sun is enough to demoralize your sickness!

Neighbor Girl said...

Ok who Dressed my little man in pink At the castle.....Just kidding he looks like he is having alot of fun.

Matt said...

Actually he decided to do that himself. I tried to talk him out of it, but I gave up and let him wear it..

Anonymous said...

so...does this mean i can paint his nails now?

Matt said...

Let me make this simple. HELL NO!

Anonymous said...

Melanie, let me reinforce Matt's position on the nails.

My Nephew Elijah does not want his nails painted! I'm not sure about my other nephew Joey though!

Anonymous said...

Krissy,

I recognize those sand castle Alligators. Carefull, they bite!